Thursday, August 26, 2010

Re: things to look forward to

Here are two plants that had been growing in one direction for a few years - in other words, each year there was just one new growth.  This year, they decided to start growing in multiple directions.  The first plant is C. mendelii.  I posted this plant earlier this year and the flowers were very disappointing.  If it doesn't improve a lot next year, I will look to trade or sell it.  It is now putting out four new growths, which should bloom in Spring.  The second plant is a C. purpurata that has not bloomed for me yet.  There is one new growth off to the right that has a nice fat sheath in it.  Plus, three new growths (one hidden) just started.  So this too could bloom off four growths next Spring.  I think I'm getting the hang of this whole orchid thing.  Only took me three years(!) to figure it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment