Saturday, March 6, 2010

Troy Meyers Conservatory/delayed gratification

My growing skills have improved a lot over the last two or three years.  Nevertheless, I have not been doing well growing plants from a flask.  Actually, it is worse than that.  I have tried three or four flasks and have only three or four plants to show for it - pretty pathetic, though without a greenhouse it can be hard to maintain conditions benign enough for small seedlings.  Well, hope springs eternal.  I bought another flask (C. labiata) from Troy Meyers Conservatory this morning.  Maybe in six or seven years I'll have some flowers to show for it.  I must be crazy...

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking of giving a flask or two a try. I have a greenhouse, on the warm side. Any suggestions on what to try for beginners?

    ReplyDelete