Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cattleya forbesii

This is a nice small species from Brazil.  Today I traded this plant for a Maxillaria picta at the Sonoma County Orchid Society show and sale.  Hope you enjoy it, Richard.  I also picked up a small C. walkeriana semi-alba at the member sale tables.  There were lots of terrific plants at good prices.  Austin Creek Orchids donated a lot of plants for the member sales table - I would definitely like to stop by that greenhouse some time.  Some of the vendors had very nice plants, too.  One nice thing about the small shows is that it is easy to meet the vendors.  I especially enjoyed meeting Blaine Maynor, owner of Orchids for the People up in Humboldt county.  He had a wonderful assortment of species and a few primary hybrids.  Many cool growers, but lots of intermediate to warm growers, too.  I almost bought a few things from him, but managed to talk myself out of it.  Overall, if I were looking to expand my collection, I could have done some serious damage.  Kudos to the SCOS.  
 
 

1 comment:

  1. It was great fun meeting you at the SCOS show yesterday and I was very happy to get this Catt.

    ReplyDelete